The Dining Car Named Best Diner Restaurant in Philadelphia
6ABC Action News started a “Top 6 Countdown” to find the top 6 of everything in Philadelphia. They started with Top 6 Diners and we have a winner! The Dining Car, or simply, “The Car,” in Northeast Philly, was named the number one best diner in Philadelphia.
The top 6 were…
- 1. The Dining Car in Northeast Philadelphia
- 2. Coopersburg Diner in Coopersburg, Lehigh County
- 3. Tank & Libby’s in Drexel Hill, Delaware County
- 4. Lamp Post Diner in Clementon, Camden County
- 5. Red Lion Diner in Southampton Township, Burlington County
- 6. Daddypops in Hatboro, Montgomery County
Celebrating almost sixty years of being in business, The Dining Car is never not busy. From open to close, which is all day from Thursday to Saturday, there are people enjoying delicious food and saying hi to friends.
The Dining Car is more than a diner. It offers a lot more food than your typical burger and fries and even has a full-service bar and bakery.
What made this vote great was that it did not come from Action News. It came from its viewers who must frequent the diner daily.
Tune into Action News on Thursday Mornings starting at 4am to see the next “Top 6 Countdown.”
What is your favorite Philly diner?